Saturday 16 November 2013

November

Well its been a good month so far and i cant complain. Start of the month was god as fish the welsh still water trial to represent my country in the international stillwater competition.
They day started with a bang for me as the first peg i drew saw me land 4 fish in just as many cast so i was off to a good start 3 fell to a white humungus and the forth came to a bloodworm pattern that was given to me my fishing pal Dai Jones oneme fish and i would have caught my limit on the first peg.
Than the day gradually got worse and worse and the fishing dried up a little with very little fish being caught i couldnt wait for the half time interval.
The afternoon session sarted as i ended the first and blanked on the first two pegs. The next peg i was on was one of my boogie pegs and i really dont like to fish alot but i could see a few  fish feeding in the margins so i tied on one of my spider patterns that  have been catching me alot of fish lately and low on behold fir cast as the fly was dropping through the water a cracking brownie came and took it so my long wait had been worth it.
after i landed the fish and it was measured i could see that there were a few rainbows hanging around so i targeted a few but there was no interest so i chucked the line out to reel in as as the fly hit the water BANG some dull rainbow took it.
Landed the fish measured it and the klaxon sounded to move pegs so on to the last peg and i was getting a little nervous at this time. The Marshall that was controlling that peg was a chap called Malcolm  Edwards
great guy and a few words of wisdom and i was off BUT no fish on the peg.NERVOUS
So we all handed or score cards in and waited for the results. Hywel Morgan read out the results and I could not believe it when he called out my name first as i didnt expect to get in to the team let alone Win the trial so as you can imagine i was over the moon
Here is a photo of the New 2014 WELSH INTERNATIONAL BANK TEAM and a photo of the fly that saved the day.



No comments: