Monday 5 August 2013

This is what i have been doing for the last week

In reference to my last post it states that I haven't been out fishing for a number of weeks now, so what i've been doing is tying flies when everi get chance ready for the some river fishing. I said last year that I was going to do a lot more on the river but I never got around t it.
And then a friend of ours posted an advert on facebook readin 'spare rod going for the river test' well I jumped right in and put my name down.
So im fishing the river test on the 10th of august which is only a few days away. so what I did last week was order 3 fulling mil slim line boxes and set out at filling the up with flies the
1st will contain nymphs in all sizes 16 to 12
2nd will contain jig nymphs in sizes 16 to 10
and the 3rd will contain bugs and grubs 14 to 10

  I am new to all this river fishing so I have been doing my home and copying patterns and make stuff up you know how it goes, and I am happy with what I have done all I got to do now is catch fish which I dont think will be a problem as I am fishing with a very good angler who has fished this river before so I am in good hands .

Here are a couple of photos of the fly boxes that I have started to fill up and a couple of shots of single flies hope you like them






 
 

1 comment:

mak-Flies said...

Hi Pal

Thank you for putting some nice River patterns. I really like your nymphs are these Tungsten Heads ?. Keep up the good work

Cheers
mak-flies