Monday 5 August 2013

Well i finally done some fishing

Well I finally got out on the weekend and did some fishing, I have to say that it has been long over due haven't been out for a while.
Got picked up Saturday morning at half 7 and we headed to our first port of call. We decided to just have a few hours out of the house and not to travel far so we headed to Abernant trout fishery which is only 20 minutes drive from the house. We had a new member to the gang on saturaday he is a relatively new comer t fly fishing so abernant was an ideal place to head . I haven't been to this fishery for a number of years and I must say that I was shocked to see how much the lake has been clean up.
Alan was off to a flyting start first cast resulted in a fish to the net caught on a orange hot black zonker.
I dropped a couple of fish but finally managed to land one about half hour later on the faithful blue hackle damsel a fly that never fails where ever you are. Mad mike the new guy was struggling a little so Alan tied on a blue hackle damsel and was quickly followed by a fish to the net.
Now we had been here for a couple o hours and I was just playing around with fish over in the shallow parts of the lake seeing wot the were interested in I missed a few that came to the dry but that's another story.
By this time Alan had bagged up by this time so he suggested that we head to garnfrwdd t finish the day off which I was bang up for so we packed up and head up the M4.
When we arrived at garnfrwd first thing first bugger and chips had to be done chris serves lovely food at the café.
The lake itself is looking absolutely awesome but the fish are still recovering after this weather that we have had. we tackled up and head off for a spot of fishing. Now in my last blog The Diawl bach project I said that I was going to tie a number of  different variants and fish them, but that was short lived due to the weather. Although th two brownies that I landed both fell to the orange holographic tag diawl bach. after about 2hours fishing I went up to h café for a cold drink, and that was the end of my fishing ended up have a long chat to th fishery owner who has become a good friend to me and the lads. Cant wait for or weekend at ash lodge at garnfrwdd at the end of September .
  

No comments: