Sunday 23 December 2012

Sempri fly tying silk

I've heard a few people talk about semperfli  nano silk and how strong and fine it is so I thought I would give it a try. I order it it from www.essentialfly.com this is the first time that I have order from them and that have very fast delivery.
So I got it back two days later and I had to put it straight to the test as soon as I got home from work so I put a size 6 heavy gauge hook in which I use from eggs,so I put the hook in to my vice then put a few turns on to the hook held my vice and pulled and I could not belive it but it was bending the hook and just when I thought that it had snapped when I looked closer the silk had just undone itself UNBELIEVABLE .
For those who are new to fly tying and are struggling with tying silks and having them snap on you half way through a fly I would highly recommend that you give this stuff a try .
You can get this silk at semperfli.com or at essentialfly.com

No comments: